Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The Zany Zen Railway — a great little train

The group The Great Little Trains of SL unites three narrow-gauge railways and their fans. Each of them has its own environment, its own creator, its own charm. Each is crafted with love and care. — Here I introduce you The Zany Zen Railway!

Teleport to The Zany Zen Railway (ZZR)
Crafted & managed by Zen Swords-Galway
Part of group The Great Little Trains of SL


Somdari Station

The railway and its idyllic stations are put on Mainland. It begins at terminus Somdari Station.



An engine shed belongs to this station. The locomotives and wagons get service and freight here. Myself, I enter the cosy station building. All is crafted with care here.

When I ring this bell, you can't miss its sound! The next moment Zen, the owner herself, adresses me via Internal Message. Kindly she asks me about my needs. Spellbound I answer that I have to find my way around here, yet. I like surprises like that!


Zen explains what I can do next. The passenger service runs about every twenty minutes. The next arrives in a few minutes. But first a goods train is coming. Becoming a passenger, I already feel in caring hands!

On the platform I find this donation box, a little locomotive. I appreciate creativity a lot, so I donate some Lindendollars. Instantly, the locomotive whistles and steams, and the next moment I have a ticket in my hand. Awesome!


The signal tells that the next train brings me to Seogyeo and Little Coverston. It carries me over several Mainland countries northbound. By the way, I travel in first class!



Seogyeo Station

I get off at Station Seogyeo. I have time and would like to look around here. Oh, I am happy meeting Zen in person! We have a nice chat and Zen willingly betrays me technical and historical details. Please, read also her profile inworld!



In the gift shop you can buy an authentic piece of coal, for example, or a passenger wagon in a snowglobe. Also a whistle would be great. Myself, I am buying a conductor hat. Now I'm in charge here!



Upstairs, I visit the museum. Pictures and display boards explain the development of the railway. Yes, Zen cares for each detail!


It is worth taking a closer look at the locomotive and the wagons. When the goods train gets goods, the passenger train waits on a siding. Safety matters!




Sandra's Café

This piece of land is named Sandra's Café. Also Zen tells me that it is run by a certain Sandra. Sandra likes the railway, so in front of it, Zen stores locomotives and wagons that are currently not in service.


But pity, no further information seems available. The café is not accessible by train. I have to take a few steps on foot. Inside I treat myself to a cappuccino. Anyway, it’s cosy here!


Back at Seogyeo Station, I get on the train, which carries me to the terminus Little Coverston.



Little Coverston Station

Here the train services a small seaside village and gets itself freight as well as coal, water, oil. The locomotive deserves that!


I decide to visit The Welsh Dragon! In front of the station, I walk downstairs and to the left, around the corner.


By the way, at the train stations there are boards telling about the railway line and about possible events. Have a look!




Returning via Ahndang Station

The train runs about every twenty minutes, Zen has said. The returning is southbound via Seogyeo again.

The returning train stops also in Ahndang. But only the returning one. Ahndang is a pretty small station. After all, you can take a little walk there.

Safely I arrive at Somdari Station again. Thank you very much, Zen! Certainly I will be back.

Teleport to The Zany Zen Railway
  

3 comments:

  1. Hmm i like your new outfit - so stylish :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the praise!

      I bought this dress in Cica Ghost's Shop, who also is a Classic in the Second Life. It maybe suits the vintage-looking railway, I thought.

      I wish you a Happy New Year, too, Mike!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Flora - Happy new year too :) All the best to you :)

      Delete