Saturday, February 26, 2022

STARFISH — Aruba Movie Theater

Jon King of Aruba
Joyce Travels Management
The Merfolk of Aruba group

STARFISH ★ Aruba Movie Theater teleport
opened around the clock – program changes monthly
Flora Sperling entrepreneur & host

May I introduce?

The new theater STARFISH showcases short movies from the Internet. I was able to get hold of a new projector. It brings not only movies from the platform YouTube, but also Vimeo on the screen. So I hope to expand the selection and improve the artifical quality.



STARFISH is advertised in Dreamshire Estate as well. Aruba and Dreamshire are friends!

There are tissues for you at the entrance desk. They do be necessary for some movies! In the foyer you will see posters that advertise the current movies. Ice cream and popcorn are also available. Joyce and I have picked out fancy chairs. Stirrups on their sides may be helpful to get into a chair when the row is crowded. If you touch the ticket under the screen, it will offer information for you to use. If there are any other problems, please contact me directly!



There is a tracker under the ceiling of the hall. It greets you via LocalChat when you enter the building. At the same time, it sends me a brief message. This way I stay informed about the flow of visitors. (It does not record anything about your behavior or conversation. It does not spy!) If you have been watching movies, then you do NOT need to reset the screen settings! The next time I go around, I'll see that it's been used. I can clean it up myself.

Upstairs you can visit the restaurant. It offers a nice view into the garden.

The guestbook in the foyer is looking forward to your entries.

The garden in front of the cinema building invites you to linger. The little animals here don't bite. On the tree trunk you can carve into the heart that you love each other. In the pavilion you can snuggle up in the blanket by the fireplace, keep the kittens company and watch my own little movies.



Membership in our group is not a requirement. However, it will keep you up to date on the movie program and all the activities in Aruba and Dreamshire.

Enjoy your stay!

STARFISH ★ Aruba Movie Theater teleport

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lerris,

    your words really touch me! So I'd like to say a little more now, if I may.

    The moving images on the screen have always touched and moved me, too, literally. Perhaps they were a continuation of the fairy tales my mother read to me when I was a child.

    The cinema in my town probably didn't have the charm you describe. But it happened that I visited it several times a week. And it had more charm than our Cineplex palaces of today. In those days, a movie really consisted of a filmstrip. It could get hot and tear during the screening. Then we sat in the dark until the projectionist glued the strip.

    I learned that in fantasy we mysteriously encounter our true selves. In art (be it literature, painting, stage) we communicate this to those around us. And then we find that our fellow humans have about the same dreams, desires, fears, needs as we do.

    Artists know all this! It is not by chance that Hollywood was once called the dream factory. But the USA are by far not the only country that produce good movies. At STARFISH, artists from all over the world are represented.

    Even if the media today are different and more modern, the world of fantasy seems to be as old as the world. Personally, I am convinced that Second Life is basically about something very similar. If we just get involved in it, we can experience this virtual world like a kind of dream that leads us to our true selves. And to our fellow human beings.

    I'm glad you like my film offering. I am glad that you can explore this world today, healthy and carefree and without fear of terrorists.

    ✿ See you!


    ReplyDelete