Sunday, March 7, 2021

Dreamshire Railway — a great little train

The group The Great Little Trains of SL unites three narrow-gauge railways and their fans. Each of them has its own environment, its own creator, its own charm. Each is crafted with love and care. — Here I introduce you Dreamshire Railway!

Teleport to Dreamshire
owned & maintained by Nimoui & Lily Chenier
Visitors' Group Friends of Dreamshire
Part of group The Great Little Trains of SL


DECLARATION OF LOVE

Lily & Nimoui established Dreamshire 2016 in late Summer. Myself, I met this region 2016 in December. Instantly, I fell in love with the landscape & with the cosy tram. In the meantime, I got known the maintainers & inhabitants closer. This bond became my special anchor in Second Life.

My movie is not perfect, I know that. I wish you'd like it anyway. It's my somewhat awkward love letter to a wonderful shire & tram:



The Dreamshire Estate now includes two regions times two levels. Here I limit myself to Dreamshire at ground level, with its cozy country tram. In the group Friends of Dreamshire you stay up to date on changes & events. Membership is free & worthwhile!

In Dreamshire I hardly suffer any lag. Mainly, these are the reasons:
  • Nimoui & Lily pay special attention to the textures. For example, the resolutions are reduced from 1 024 to 512 before application (e.g. in Gimp).
  • Scripts are used cautiously to conserve capacity.
  • The simulator performs a relog about weekly.

Initially, Lily & Nimoui tried to run two locos on the track. But sim-relogs kept messing up the timing of the scripts. So they ended up with a single loco. Nimoui regulates the tram's script again & again. That it keeps jerking is maybe related to the fact that now 4 regions are provided on one single server. However, this has not gotten better since the grid moved to the cloud, felt rather worse.


Station WINKLE

Each spot is of own history & meaning. Changes are made gently & so retain their charm.

Winkle could be named Dreamshire's capital. The visitor center provides informations & teleport links. You even can borrow a funny vintage car!



Winkle has a lovely church with cemetery & memorial. The village square is home to a police station & a fire station, as well as a fancy steampunk pub & the entrance to the animals' sanctuary.

Next to the train station, a carriage can be borrowed for pony play. By the way, Miss Loiyan, a nice & accomplished Mistress, also lives in Dreamshire. She lives here - explicitly - privately!

The train station offers a store with simple but lovely products, which can only be found in Dreamshire. In the engine shed more locomotives can be admired. Display boards tell a lot about the real background of this narrow gauge railroad.

The railroad is the shire’s heart, I find. If you look onto the map, it runs clockwise in a snake line around the region. It stops at 5 stations, including Winkle. It currently takes about 6 minutes to go around.


Station TEMPLE

After Winkle, this is the first stop. A short stoney staircase leads down to the ruins of a temple. From here, for example, you can walk the footpath through the fairytale forest, through which the train then passes.



Oh well, from each station you can also explore the shire's interior. A garden landscape & a homey gypsy village invite role-playing. This is my hint for couples!


Station WOBBLY KNOT

A funny name, isn't it? The footpath through the fairytale forest also ends at this railroad cabin.



Here I breathe sea air for the first time. The coast guard is properly equipped & in full working order. In Winkle, I have already mentioned the police station & the fire station. Do you get? Women are strong! And do be funny, too!


Station PROMENADE

Over the sea I enjoy a wonderful view to the islands of Ulukumbu. Dance pier, restaurant, slot machines. Here I have already won cute prizes!




Station DOLPHIN BAY

Here you find the rear entrance to the animals' retreat. The animals inside are not enclosured by cages or fences, but run around freely. Please close the gate again when you go in or out!

Myself, I forgot this once. The result you can watch in my movie.



The dolphins in the Bay are protected. This means that they are not accustomed to humans. (Unless to Dreamshire's inhabitants, I think.) At least you can take the boat here & row across to the islands of Ulukumbu. I have already even swum across!


Station WINKLE again

Finally, I pay a visit to Steam Kittys, a fancy pub.



In the meantime, you can watch my movie again. Or merely drop by here!

Teleport to Dreamshire

No comments:

Post a Comment